The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) seeks a Southern Pacific Regional Political Director based in Los Angeles, California, to oversee pro-Israel political activity throughout Southern California, Arizona, Southern Nevada and Hawaii. AIPAC has worked since 1954 to strengthen the U.S.-Israel relationship. AIPAC is a registered domestic lobby whose principal mission is to work with Congress on legislation that strengthens the United States and Israel.
• Increase the political participation of the pro-Israel community within the region and train AIPAC members to build effective relationships with their elected officials
• Manage AIPAC’s legislative mobilizations
• Conduct educational briefings with candidates for federal office
• Organize and speak at political briefings in communities throughout the region to encourage active political participation
• Track and analyze local campaign activity
• Speak in public forums to educate and engage new and current activists to facilitate pro-Israel activism in their communities
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience • Passion for a strong U.S.-Israel relationship and commitment to AIPAC’s mission • Minimum of 5 to 7 years of political experience, working on political campaigns, Capitol Hill, or other relevant work experience • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • The ability to juggle many different projects simultaneously • A collaborative personal style • Knowledge of Middle East current events strongly preferred
AIPAC is an equal opportunity employer.
With the large volume of applicants AIPAC does not accept phone calls. Please visit our website to learn more and apply.